Facade Restoration Project Engineer
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt is seeking a talented facade restoration project engineer to join our growing team of structural engineering and building envelope professionals. The ideal candidate will be a licensed engineer with a passion for masonry facade restoration, a commitment to professional growth and excellence, and an enjoyment of the outdoors. Growth potential is significant and will be based on the candidate’s abilities and ambitions.
- Analyze building facades and facade-support structures
- Perform research and compile data on historic buildings
- Conduct facade evaluations of existing buildings and prepare engineering reports
- Collaboratively work with other project team members to prepare contract documents
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines, architectural teams, and contractors
- Perform construction administration phase services (submittal review, respond to RFI’s, conduct site visits, etc.)
- Develop construction cost estimates for facade restoration work indicated on contract documents
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university located in the United States of America
- 3+ years of experience in the assessment and restoration of building facades
- Currently licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- Knowledgeable in underlying scientific principles and processes of the building envelope including thermodynamics, hydraulics, structure and the behavior of building materials, including historic materials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit or the ability to efficiently work with engineering staff and AutoCAD Drafters and/or BIM Technicians to produce contract documents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to tolerate rooftops and other high places, and utilize ladders and lifts in a construction environment.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt
5710 Commons Park Drive
East Syracuse, NY 13057