Thursday, April 6, 2017
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing team of structural engineering professionals. The ideal candidate will be an experienced licensed engineer with a proven track record of effectively managing engineering projects, has a strong interest in structural engineering of buildings and architectural design, and is committed to professional growth and excellence. Growth potential is significant and will be based on the candidate’s abilities and ambitions.
- Works with a Principal to develop fee proposals and determine project staffing requirements
- Analyze and design structural steel, concrete, masonry, cold-formed steel and wood-framed structures in conformance with governing building codes and design standards
- Conduct structural condition assessments of existing building and parking structures and prepare engineering reports
- Collaboratively work other project team members to prepare contract documents
- Prepare neat and organized engineering calculations
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines, architectural teams and contractors
- Perform construction administration phase services (submittal review, respond to RFI’s, conduct site visits, etc.)
- Uses abstract thinking and creativity to resolve problems that fall outside the standards or codes of practice for professional engineering and have no obvious solution
- Develop construction cost estimates for structural work indicated on contract documents
- Review work prepared by less-experienced engineering staff and provide effective feedback to foster professional development and efficiency
- Mentors one or more junior staff engineers, interns or designers
- Project checking, in accordance with QA/QC procedures
- Full accountability for successful project delivery
- Communicates with project Principal and Client/Owner.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university located in the United States of America
- 10+ years of experience in the design of building structures
- Currently licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- Proficiency with current industry software, including RISA, Enercalc, TEDDS, and Microsoft Office
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, or ability to efficiently work with engineering staff and AutoCAD Drafters and/or BIM Technicians to produce contract documents
- Demonstrated ability to lead a design team to develop coordinated contract documents within deadlines and with project budget
- Must be highly-motivated, proactive and willing to take on multiple challenges at a time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to tolerate roof tops and other high places, and utilize ladders and lifts in a construction environment.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt
5710 Commons Park Drive
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Or in pdf format only to: