Facade Restoration Project Engineer
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt is seeking a talented Façade Restoration Project Engineer to join our growing team of building envelope professionals. The ideal candidate will be a licensed engineer with a passion for masonry façade restoration and architectural design, and is committed to professional growth and excellence. Growth potential is significant and will be based on the candidate’s abilities and ambitions.
- Analyze and design building façades and façade-support structures in conformance with governing building codes and design standards
- Perform research and compile data on historic buildings
- Conduct façade evaluations of existing buildings and prepare engineering reports
- Collaboratively work other project team members to prepare contract documents
- Prepare neat and organized engineering calculations, sketches and details
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines, architectural teams and contractors
- Perform construction administration phase services (submittal review, respond to RFI’s, conduct site visits, etc.)
- Uses abstract thinking and creativity to resolve problems that fall outside the standards or codes of practice for professional engineering and have no obvious solution.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited university located in the United States of America
- 4-6 years of experience in the review and rehabilitation of masonry facades
- Currently licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Structural Engineer (S.E.)
- Knowledgeable in underlying scientific principles and processes of the building envelope including thermodynamics, hydraulics, structure and the behavior of building materials, including historic materials that are not used in new building construction
- Proficiency with current industry software, including AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to tolerate roof tops and other high places, and utilize ladders and lifts in a construction environment.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Klepper, Hahn and Hyatt
5710 Commons Park Drive
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Or in pdf format only to: